Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Belated Happy Homemaker Monday!

I'm a little late I know it's Wednesday but I made some really good cookies this week, which I can't eat because I started my diet a couple of days before the new year. This diet entails no chips, cookies, candy, anything tasty is basically out! And no ramen noodles which I am particularly missing right now :(


My main goal was no chips because I have a problem, I admit I have a very big problem with chips. We will go to the store, buy a bag, I'll have chips for dinner and later a snack and Nick will hardly get the chance to try them before I eat every last crumb, and I'm not exaggerating at all which is really sad. I did this "Diet" before the wedding and with exercise I lost about 13 pounds which was awesome so I'm back on.


I made these Peanut Butter cookies for Nick because he loves them and it was Mom's receipt. I'll admit before the marathon I did load up on my carbs with my pasta dinner the night before....and I did sneak one cookie. It was really good but not the way Mom makes them, I don't know what her secret is???

4 comments:

Kim said...

Those look like Peanut Butter cookies. YUM! I love me some good PB cookies. Since you are too busy eating chips and not going to eat the cookies, go ahead and send them my way.

Kate said...

nothing is ever as fluffy, perfectly round or as good as moms. I learned that years and years ago...it's sad really sad. You would think that a loving mother would want to share her secret, but noooo she keeps it all to herself. I tend to get bitter when I make whirlagigs...impossible.

Deaune said...

No chips, no cookies, no ramen noodles? So that narrows it down to....grasshoppers?? You know I'm terribly opposed to the consumption of innocent insects for one's own dieting pleasure.

yo nance said...

Your cookies look absolutely perfectly delicious. And they are the perfect color as well...most people over-bake. (And, Katy, since when didn't I share any recipes or secrets with you? I'm totally offended. It's time to tell all that you were just kidding.)