Saturday, August 29, 2009

What's new?


Nick posing silly for the camera

Nick has only 2 weeks of school left and he already has a job doing what he wants to be doing. I'm so proud of him, and can't wait to here how much he enjoys his new job. To celebrate his graduation I asked Nick if he wanted to take a quick cruise or go out of town somewhere for the weekend and surprisingly he said he wanted to go to Bisbee of all places. We have some friends that we annually take a trip to Bisbee with and we love that town. So, our friends are meeting us there and we will do the usual Bisbee stuff which usually involves a lot of antiques. I love Bisbee!!!

I got an A in my math class, that's right ME an A in math, I know you can't believe it and I didn't even cheat :) and I have already started the second math class. I think I might be able to do this after all. I still need everyone to keep their fingers crossed for me though.

I had a day off a week or so ago, and what do you do on a day off? You make homemade bread of course.
I was really nervous because I have seen Mom make it a thousand times but I have never done it myself and unsupervised. I called Mom before I got started to walk me through the recipe and she recommended that since I have a smaller mixer I should make smaller batches and then combine it all in the end by hand. I guess it can burn out the mixers motor if you have to much in it? Mom also recommended that I should write down the recipe because I was going to half it, and I thought that was silly because I could just half the recipe in my head as I go....well I got started and Mom was right I should have wrote everything down first because I started making the whole recipe instead of halfing it. Oh well, it turned out good for my first attempt and was really tasty. They aren't as pretty and perfect as Moms bread but it was my first time.
The famous green tuperware thanks Mom!
It's kind of lumpy but not bad, not bad at all.
On a totally random, but funny note I keep a glass of water on the night stand for Roxy our cat because yes she is spoiled and has me trained. Any how, I woke up that morning and from my view from the bed this is the first thing I saw kind of creepy. Ah ha ha ha h a...it is a bobble head that was made for Nick and then I added the sombrero can't you see the resemblance it looks just like him. I laughed out loud, totally random I know.

4 comments:

Kim said...

I want a mixer! I'm jealous!

Kate said...

i have those cups...aren't they the best! way to go on the bread,i still don't have a mixer...i'm hoping this is the christmas i will get one. i totally need one of those green tuperwares too. fun! can't wait to see the bisbee photos

Lisa said...

Yay! Liz posted a new update!!! So happy for Nick (and you, mama needs a new pair of shoes!!!!) (j/k) Really though the ones at Fossil are all you! Awesome awesome stuff!

annieareyouok said...

great job on the bread. you are so domestic with your tupperware and red mixer. love the bobble head pic. creepy ....