Friday, July 3, 2009

Catching up

I haven't blogged in quite a while so I will catch you up to speed on what has been going on at the Graves house. Nick is almost done with school and graduates September 11th, kind of a weird day to graduate but I'll bet no one will forget. He had to take a test a couple of weeks ago on AC, it is required by Arizona to be licenced and we got his test results 100%!!! He's quite amazing and I'm very proud of him for going back to school.

Speaking of school...I started going back to school a couple of weeks ago...MATH Ahhhhhhhhhhh. I still hate math, who ever said math is easier when your older is a liar!
I had just got back into town from Chicago (I will post about the trip another day) and got a reminder email from my academic counselor that I had class that night crap I totally forgot and was unprepared.

I went to class, no big deal until she started in with math problems. I started to panic and wasn't quite sure I was ready for this but I stayed. Then I started my homework the night before my next class, yep the night before that's the Turner way :) I didn't really understand everything but not to worry my teacher said she would go over any questions in our next class.

Well I go to class and realize I didn't do a bunch of the homework I was supposed to do because I didn't see all the problems crap #1. Then students were talking about math problems that we didn't even go over in class crap #2. I started to panic yet again, so I did decide to take the next class and be more prepared. I don't think I was ready yet and I already felt lost, not to worry I start class in a couple of weeks and I won't wait until the night before to do my homework, and I will read everything that is due. I forgot to mention that this class still makes you do a bunch of stuff online which is very difficult to understand and not user friendly but my job pays for me to go back to school so I need to stick with it.

We are looking into buying a home if we can. We are renting a home now and our lease is up at the end of September so we need to be out. We have had nothing but problems from the second we moved in, the property managers aren't keeping the 100 year old home in good condition and it takes them forever to fix anything basically I hate them and we're moving :)

We should have all the pre-qualification paperwork figured out in the next week or so. Buying a home is very overwhelming and I'm over it before it has even begun, I'm not really excited anymore but people do it every day it can't be that hard can it? There are just so many options and we still don't really know where good areas and bad areas are in Phoenix because it's very patchy.


Happy homemaker update

Way cute pillows hand made for the couch, as if we didn't have enough color going on in this house :)

Pot pie which is delicious by the way.

More to come, I'll try and be better about blogging....it's so hot here already and I need to stay inside so I shouldn't have any excuses.

2 comments:

yo nance said...

The pies are gorgeous, as are the pillows. Such fun fabrics! You're amazing! Sorry about the math...you got that from me. You just need to spend more time with it. XOX Congrats to Nick.

Kate said...

awesome!! welcome back sista! rad stuff as always, did you use the fabric from something else or did you get that fabric by the yard. how you choose is very intriguing to me.